Electronic circuits don’t come much simpler than this.
BOM: (bill of materials)
- PIR – The Passive Infrared Sensor – Buy Now
- Buzzer – The buzzer that sounds when the sensor detects motion – Buy Now
- 9 volt battery and battery clip with leads
- Jumper wires to complete the circuit
- Optional – Solderless Breadboard – Buy Now
Connect the positive lead of the 9 volt battery to the positive rail of the breadboard or the power pin of the PIR module and the negative lead to the negative rail or the ground pin of the module. If using the breadboard connect the positive and negative pins of the PIR module to the corresponding rails of the breadboard.
Connect the positive pin on the buzzer to the High/Low Output pin of the PIR module and the ground pin to the negative rail of the breadboard or connect it to the negative lead of the battery to complete the circuit.
Congratulations you now have a motion activated alarm!
PIR module information: PIR module datasheet